Applications Android Users Must Have
There are new Android applications coming out basically every day, and new apps are being developed on a nearly constant basis. This makes sorting through all of the Android applications a difficult task, and choosing which ones you want to install is even more difficult. Of course, you always have the option of uninstalling the applications that you end up not liking or using very much, but limiting the number of times you will have to go through the uninstallation process definitely saves valuable time. Not to mention, many of us simply put off cleaning up our unused applications and they sit on our phones, untouched and taking up much needed memory until we have no choice but to remove them, in order to make room for more apps. Aside from all of the apps that will come and go, though, there are a number of Android applications that you must have, and that you must keep. It is these apps specifically that make Android devices so worth using, as they simply make life simpler.
Must-Have Android Apps
These must-have applications for Android devices serve a wide variety of purposes. While some help you to maintain your device and the various tools used with it, others are designed to make your professional life more manageable. The list of must-haves includes:
- Seek Droid – Seek Droid is an Android application that is designed to help Android device users locate their device in the event that it comes up missing. Whether your phone is missing because it was lost or you suspect that it has been stolen, with this application you have options available so that you can be proactive. In addition to being able to locate the device, Android device users will also have the ability to wipe the memory clean remotely as well, a very valuable tool for those individuals that store a lot of important information on their device.
- Astrid – Android’s Simple Task Recording Dashboard, or Astrid, is an application that allows Android device users to store a to-do list in their device. The thing is, this is not just any to-do list but one that can be modified at any time. This makes it easier to add things to your list as they come up, without having to let other obligations suffer. And it is simple to use.
- Pandora – Although Pandora has been around for a little bit now it is still worth mentioning each time the Pandora Android application is updated. Pandora allows Android device users to create music stations based on their own musical preferences. With the Android application users can access those stations any time they want to.
- Gigbox – Gigbox is a free Android application that alerts users when a band that they like is going to be within the vicinity of where they live. This takes all of the guess work out of following your favorite bands and the application is simple to set up and use. Gigbox even utilizes maps provided by Google in order to provide Android device users with directions to the gigs that they choose to go to. Finding gigs has never been easier.
- AirDroid – AirDroid is one of the newest Android applications and one of the most valuable we have seen in a while. If you have ever left your Android device somewhere and really needed to get into if for some reason, then you will understand the value of an application that allows you to control your Android device from your computer. Multiple tasks can be performed when AirDroid is installed and used.
There are plenty of Android applications to choose from but you don’t want more apps installed than you will ever use. These are a good place to start as far as permanent applications that you will frequently use.
This article is written by Kevin Moor, who also writes for trojanalert.net, a website emphasizing Trojan reviews.